Sunday, November 2, 2008

Happy Fall!!!

{Can we call it Fall if its 80 degrees and we're wearing shorts?? :) }

What a wild and crazy month October was for us. Things at work have been hectic but starting to slow down, we're still adjusting our daily routine here at home, and the boys are staying busy with various activities and therapies. We ended the month with a fun filled week of a 24hr hour stomach virus that kept all three of us at home and miserable, but thankfully we recovered in time for the Prestonwood Fall Festival. There was no way I was missing my chance for 'fair food'!

http://s265.photobucket.com/albums/ii208/simoneboys00/Fall%202008/?albumview=slideshow

Also, I had my first presentation since starting this journey down wild and crazy Autism Lane. I'm not comfortable with public speaking, but everyone participated and they were very gracious. I led a discussion on living with Autism and provided some practical tips/advice with input from other parents on how we can more easily navigate this road.

The boys started and ended their Fall soccer season with Miracle League and are now on the Yankees for baseball through the week before Thanksgiving. I think bowling is still going to be our sport, along with horse back riding and their new favorite--rock climbing. Unfortunately because they were sick, they missed their first Special Olympics bowling tournament and the chance to earn medals. But I'm pretty sure they would have won golds ;).

Its hard to believe Thanksgiving and Christmas will be here soon! I'm really looking forward to having the entire week of Thanksgiving off for the first time ever! Right now, our plans are to be home for the holidays. The weekend before on November 23rd, we will be celebrating the opening of the new children's ministry building at church that includes a 5-room suite with a private and easy access entrance for special needs children and adults. What a blessing this will be to finally have space designed JUST for our kiddos!!! No more worrying about having all the right supports in place for them to be even more successful and secure when they're at church. The month of October marked our 5th year at Prestonwood and it is still very much 'home' to us. We have been blessed in so many ways by being a part of this church and I look forward to more of what God has planned for us with our church family.

No comments: